What is your process when you enroll new families in your preschool program? Many schools and child care facilities use a standard enrollment form instead of an Admission Agreement. Regardless of whether you require parents to complete a basic enrollment form or have them enter into an agreement with you, it’s critical that your documentation protects your program and outlines the details of the relationship. Even the most minimal of agreements provide for the basics, such as days and time of operation and the fees charged, but an agreement can and should be a comprehensive document that governs the relationship between the school and parents in a number of common scenarios.
As the leader in your organization, it’s your responsibility to ensure the program is protected from litigation, and that parents know their responsibilities and rights. Your intake procedures must be crystal clear, and the Enrollment Agreement must include specific considerations.
In this presentation Michelle McGinnis, an experienced practicing attorney who specializes in child care issues, will discuss a variety of provisions that should be included in all Admission Agreements:
- Interviews by licensing officials and abuse reporting
- Sign-in and sign-out
- Modification of agreement
- Use of child’s likeness
- Integration provision
- Signature requirements
- Damage to school property
- Waiver provision
- Additional financial considerations
Join us to learn more about how you can ensure your program is protected throughout your enrollment process.
All sessions are 1.5 hours long, and include a brief announcement from our sponsor.
2:oo PM – 3:30 PM Eastern Time.
See the schedule of upcoming webinars.
Session Slides: Download
Session Recording: View
- Childcare Compliance Exchange article – A Strong Admission Agreement will help you avoid litigation and other troubles
- Childcare Compliance Free Forms registration
- Childcare Compliance – ievidence mobile app for iPhone
- Childcare Compliance – ievidence mobile app for Android
- Childcare Compliance Article Archive – Find all articles here
- Childcare Compliance News – Stay Current on Childcare Law, News and trends
- Childcare Compliance Facebook Page – Stay Current on Childcare Industry News
- Childcare Compliance Twitter – Urgent Childcare Law related news
- Childcare Compliance You Tube – Testimonials and video or common mistakes
- Childcare Compliance eNewsletter
- Childcare Compliance Press releases – New technology for providers