May 23, 2012
2:00 PM Eastern Time
Founder, Confidence Guardian
Hot Mommas Project
Exposure to role models and mentors is correlated with higher confidence, success rates, and ascension in organizations. Of course, this all sounds great, until it becomes another thing on your to do list! Guerrilla Mentoring, a proprietary process adapted by the award winning Hot Mommas Project (a global leadership venture), helps overcome this concern. Guerrilla Mentoring learning tools can increase confidence and key success factors for women aged 17 to 60 up to 200 percent in a semester and 66 percent in three hours. Mentoring is a key part of this. Join this webinar to learn how to “train the trainer” and deploy Guerrilla Mentoring tactics in your organization or school.
We will discuss the Guerrilla Mentoring basics and steps you can take at home and in the office. For example:
- Ask an interesting person “What is a current goal or challenge of yours?”
- Turn a lunch or coffee into a Guerrilla Mentoring session.
- Take a boss or co-worker to lunch and ask question #1.
We will also discuss “The Code” and how to implement these ideas:
- It’s about connecting – not using, or a transaction.
- It’s about supporting –not forcing unwelcome advice.
- It’s about being entrepreneurial – not waiting for the white horse to ride in. It’s up to you to lead, be creative and resourceful, and make it happen. People with mentors have higher confidence, specifically women which – we don’t have to tell you – comprises the majority of the teacher workforce. Exposure to mentors and role models increases the core “can-do” confidence.